Roasted Green Bean Salad
This easy-to-fix recipe turns homegrown green beans into something special. A tangy dill and Dijon vinaigrette coats the crisp-tender beans without overpowering them so the fresh-picked flavor comes through.
-Kathy Shell, San Diego, California
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss beans with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon
- salt. Spread in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until beans are
- tender and lightly browned, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, dill, sugar,
- pepper and remaining salt. Slowly whisk in remaining oil. Transfer
- beans to a large serving bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 108 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.