Roasted Goat Cheese with Garlic Recipe
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces crumbled goat or feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Thinly sliced French bread or assorted crackers
- 1. Place garlic and oil in a pie plate. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender and lightly browned. Add brown sugar; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Remove garlic from pie plate. Spread onion mixture in pie plate; top with cheese. Place garlic over cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 4. Mash garlic mixture with a fork. Stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with basil. Serve warm with French bread or crackers. Yield: about 1-1/4 cups.
4 tablespoon: 213 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Roasted Goat Cheese with Garlic
"The family loved this at our holiday potluck"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer