Roasted Ginger Green Beans Recipe
My husband, Michael, is the cook in our house and discovered this simple treatment for green beans. I hope you like its pleasant flavor as much as we do. —Kathy Jackson of Arlington, Virginia
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beans; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with ginger. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 77 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC