My husband, Michael, is the cook in our house and discovered this simple treatment for green beans. I hope you like its pleasant flavor as much as we do. —Kathy Jackson of Arlington, Virginia
Recommended: 68 Slow Cooker Recipes to Warm Your Winter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or dash dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beans; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with ginger. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Ginger Green Beans in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p27
Reviews for Roasted Ginger Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2013
"We love green beans roasted this way!"
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2012
"Made this side dish as an appetizer for a party and they were gone in minutes!!! Delicious and super easy to make!"