My version of classic hummus features white kidney or cannelloni beans with lemon and garlic. Use it as a dip or a topping for bruschetta.—Shirley Shirley, Ada, Oklahoma
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb but do not peel or separate the cloves. Cut off top of garlic bulb, exposing individual cloves. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in foil. Bake 30-35 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap and cool 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine beans, lemon peel, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and remaining oil. Squeeze garlic from skins into food processor. Process until smooth. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review