Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
Our Test Kitchen came up with this full-flavored vinaigrette. Roasted garlic is blended with Italian seasoning, Dijon mustard, tarragon vinegar and lemon juice in the zesty dressing. Try it drizzled over crisp greens or cherry tomatoes.
6 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + cooling
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate
- cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil.
- Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35
- minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a blender. Add the vinegar, water,
- sugar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt, pepper and
- remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 83 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,