Our Test Kitchen came up with this full-flavored vinaigrette. Roasted garlic is blended with Italian seasoning, Dijon mustard, tarragon vinegar and lemon juice in the zesty dressing. Try it drizzled over crisp greens or cherry tomatoes.
- 3 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a blender. Add the vinegar, water, sugar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining oil; cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p20
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2010
"Enjoyed this vinaigrette and will definitely make again."