Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato Recipe
The creamy texture flavored with the roasted garlic makes this potato side dish a winner. It's easy to prepare and a perfect choice to accompany a hearty meat entree.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potato; rub with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Place potato and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Remove garlic; bake potato 45 minutes longer or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; add potato pulp and mash. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into potato shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato in Reminisce Extra January 2010, p52
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >