Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato Recipe
The creamy texture flavored with the roasted garlic makes this potato side dish a winner. It's easy to prepare and a perfect choice to accompany a hearty meat entree.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Scrub and pierce potato; rub with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Drizzle with remaining oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Place potato and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Remove garlic; bake potato 45 minutes longer or until tender.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, cut potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 3. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; add potato pulp and mash. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into potato shells. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Twice-Baked Potato
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC