Roasted Garlic Tomato Pizza Recipe
There's nothing fancy about this appetizing entree. Its naturally good ingredients speak for themselves. The yeast crust provides a tasty base. We especially enjoy it in summer when the tomatoes and basil are fresh from our garden.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, Parmesan cheese, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze roasted garlic onto a cutting board and slice.
- 5. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle.
- 6. Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly; prick dough thoroughly with a fork. brush dough with the remaining oil. Layer with tomatoes, roasted garlic, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese.
- 7. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 310 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Tomato Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC