- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons julienned fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, Parmesan cheese, yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil; beat just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze roasted garlic onto a cutting board and slice.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle.
- Transfer to a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly; prick dough thoroughly with a fork. brush dough with the remaining oil. Layer with tomatoes, roasted garlic, salt, pepper and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Tomato Pizza in Country Woman March/April 2003, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Tomato Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review