Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 6 medium red potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds), cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl. Add the potatoes, cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper; beat until blended. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
This is my recipe and I have "revamped" it...rather than boil the potatoes I bake them ahead of time..I find that boiling takes away from the flavor of the potato.
Really easy, great taste and my kids LOVED it!
Delicious! Made these as directed on Thanksgiving morning, then put in crockpot on low until we were ready to eat in the afternoon.
I use this recipe, but do not add the milk, salt, or pepper. It is wonderful without it and the cream cheese makes it very creamy. I always get asked to bring these along to Holiday gatherings.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >