- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2-1/4 pounds red potatoes (about 8 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb, but do not peel or separate the cloves. Cut off top of garlic bulb, exposing individual cloves; brush with oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake until cloves are softened, 30-35 minutes. Unwrap and cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Squeeze garlic cloves into a bowl; mash with a fork until smooth. Drain potatoes; return to pan. Add garlic; mash potatoes to desired consistency, gradually adding remaining ingredients. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
"I really liked these, but my family did not care for them."
"This is my recipe and I have "revamped" it...rather than boil the potatoes I bake them ahead of time..I find that boiling takes away from the flavor of the potato."
"Really easy, great taste and my kids LOVED it!"
"I use this recipe, but do not add the milk, salt, or pepper. It is wonderful without it and the cream cheese makes it very creamy. I always get asked to bring these along to Holiday gatherings."