My mom got a garlic roaster and soon my kitchen was overflowing with heads of sweet, gooey, roasted garlic. This recipe, one of my many experiments, was a favorite of my family. The roasted garlic is mild and adds a rich, buttery taste to the beans. —Virginia Sturm, San Francisco, California
- 10 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lightly salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut stem ends off unpeeled garlic cloves. Place cloves on a piece of foil. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons oil; wrap in foil. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap and cool slightly. Squeeze garlic from skins; mash with a fork to form a paste.
- In a Dutch oven, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add green beans and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender and water is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally. Add cashews, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Cashews in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Green Beans with Cashews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review