Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallot in butter and remaining oil until tender. Stir in the cream, wine, salt and pepper; cook for 4-5 minutes. Add Havarti cheese; cook for 2-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- 3. Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce and garlic; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 418 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.