Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
This rich side of fettuccine with spinach in a garlic-wine sauce will dress up any simple entree.Andrea Larson, Puyallup, Washington
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallot in butter and remaining oil until tender. Stir in the cream, wine, salt and pepper; cook for 4-5 minutes. Add Havarti cheese; cook for 2-4 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add cream sauce and garlic; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p56
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Fettuccine Alfredo(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review