- to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray,
- turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, add the sage, marjoram and
- rosemary to the reserved roasted garlic.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each portion into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread
- garlic mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam and
- ends to seal.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place loaves seam side down
- on pan; tuck ends under. With a sharp knife, make several slashes
- across the top of each loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled, about
- 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to
- wire racks; brush with butter. Yield: 2 loaves (10 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 84 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.