Roasted Garlic Appetizers Recipe
- 24 very thin slices white bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 6 to 8 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Cut each slice of bread with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Spritz one side of each bread round with butter-flavored spray; press spritzed side up into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- 2. Place garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil. Pour oil over garlic; fold foil around garlic and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until garlic is very soft. When garlic is cool, remove from skins and mash.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, chives and salt until smooth. Add garlic; beat until combined. Mound rounded teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into each bread cup. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (2 appetizers) equals 154 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.