Roasted Garlic Appetizers Recipe
"These are my favorite appetizers. This recipe makes lots, but it's never enough," Lee Campbell from Bartow, Florida confirms. "Whenever I host a get-together, the tiny toast cups with creamy filling go quickly."
- 24 very thin slices white bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 6 to 8 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. Cut each slice of bread with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Spritz one side of each bread round with butter-flavored spray; press spritzed side up into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- 2. Place garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil. Pour oil over garlic; fold foil around garlic and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until garlic is very soft. When garlic is cool, remove from skins and mash.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, chives and salt until smooth. Add garlic; beat until combined. Mound rounded teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into each bread cup. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
2 each: 154 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Appetizers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC