- 24 very thin slices white bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 6 to 8 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Cut each slice of bread with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Spritz one side of each bread round with butter-flavored spray; press spritzed side up into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- Place garlic cloves on a piece of aluminum foil. Pour oil over garlic; fold foil around garlic and seal tightly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until garlic is very soft. When garlic is cool, remove from skins and mash.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, chives and salt until smooth. Add garlic; beat until combined. Mound rounded teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into each bread cup. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic Appetizers in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p55
Reviews for Roasted Garlic Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2014
Yum! Super tasty! A good change from any heavy, unhealthy appetizer.