Roasted Garlic And Pepper Pizza Recipe
"Years ago, I found the recipe for this appealing appetizer, lightened it and added some of our favorite ingredients," writes Bonnie Matherly of Buckingham, Illinois. "It can be prepared ahead of time and put in the oven as your guests arrive. We occasionally use it as an easy Sunday evening meal, too."
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 4 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). cloves). Cut top off of garlic bulb. Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze softened garlic onto a work surface; cut into thin slices.
- Cut peppers in half; remove and discard seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 6 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Peel off and discard charred skins; cut peppers into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, combine the olives, vinegar, oregano, basil, white pepper and remaining oil. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; top with olive mixture, roasted garlic and peppers, onion and cheeses. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic And Pepper Pizza in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic And Pepper Pizza(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >