Bold flavors and a creamy consistency make this spread a crowd-pleaser. Serve it warm or chilled with pita chips, crackers or breads. —Tara McDonald, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crackers or snack breads
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs; brush each with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Place garlic and tomatoes in a foil-lined 9-in. square baking pan. Brush tomatoes with remaining oil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes; squeeze garlic into a small bowl. Drain any liquid from tomatoes; chop and add to garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Serve with your favorite crackers or snack breads. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic & Tomato Spread in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p45
Reviews for Roasted Garlic & Tomato Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review