Roasted Garlic & Tomato Spread
Bold flavors and a creamy consistency make this spread a crowd-pleaser. Serve it warm or chilled with pita chips, crackers or breads. —Tara McDonald, Kansas City, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers or snack breads
Bring distinctive taste to holiday parties with Keebler® Toasteds® Crackers.
Learn More >
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate
- cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs; brush each with 1/2 teaspoon
- oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Place garlic and tomatoes in
- a foil-lined 9-in. square baking pan. Brush tomatoes with remaining
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool
- for 10-15 minutes; squeeze garlic into a small bowl. Drain any
- liquid from tomatoes; chop and add to garlic. Stir in the cream
- cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Serve with your favorite
- crackers or snack breads. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 89 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.