- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Crackers or snack breads
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs; brush each with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Place garlic and tomatoes in a foil-lined 9-in. square baking pan. Brush tomatoes with remaining oil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes; squeeze garlic into a small bowl. Drain any liquid from tomatoes; chop and add to garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and salt. Serve with your favorite crackers or snack breads. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic & Tomato Spread
Sort By :
"I made this for the Super Bowl and I loved the flavor of it. I used Pita chips but I like the idea of Pita Crackers - I haven't tried them but maybe they wouldn't be as crunchy as Pita chips which I thought were a little too crunchy. Everyone really enjoyed this spread/dip."
"This was excellent with the new Keebler Pita Crackers. Will definitely be making again."
"This spread was so yummy! I love the combination of all of the flavors and with tomatoes and garlic you can't go wrong!"
"this was a pretty easy dip to make and it was gone by the end of the night. i would definently make this again for any party. It was prefect with crackers."
"VERY good. I brought to a holiday party and everyone loved it! I would definitely make this again."