Roasted Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato Toast Recipe
During the busy holiday season, I really love special appetizers that are actually easy to prepare. This recipe fits the bill.
- 4 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of each garlic bulb. Place garlic in a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Add the broth, oil and tomatoes.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 4-6 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl; spread over baguette slices. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomatoes. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 89 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomato Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC