Roasted Garlic & Onion Linguine Recipe
Instead of offering holiday company ordinary buttered noodles, make this garlic-infused linguine. Pass extra Parmesan around the table for guests who'd like more cheesy flavor.—Mariah Maliska, Keene, New Hampshire
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 small onions, halved
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulb; brush with oil. Wrap bulb and onions in heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Squeeze softened garlic into a food processor. Add the cheese, broth, salt, pepper and onions; cover and process until blended. Drain linguine; toss with garlic mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 243 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Garlic & Onion Linguine
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC