I'm known for the variety of appetizers that I serve for any holiday gathering. I continually try to include new recipes, but this dip is always on the table.
Recommended: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into four wedges
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Assorted fresh vegetables or crackers
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place onions in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, mix honey, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Drizzle over onions; toss to coat. Roast 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulbs, but do not peel or separate the cloves. Cut off top of garlic bulbs, exposing individual cloves. Drizzle cut cloves with remaining oil. Wrap in foil. Bake 30-45 minutes or until cloves are soft. Unwrap and cool 10 minutes. Squeeze garlic from skins.
- Transfer onions and pan drippings to a food processor; add garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Add cream cheese and salt; pulse until blended. Transfer to a small bowl. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Garlic & Onion Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p137
Reviews for Roasted Garlic & Onion Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review