- stir in onions, herbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add wine and
- remaining oil. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Cut slits into roast; spoon garlic mixture into slits. Rub remaining
- garlic mixture over roast. Pour beef broth into bottom of pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 2-1/4 to
- 2-3/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Cover and
- chill until serving. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep
- warm; let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.