I learned how to roast pumpkin seeds from my mother, who learned it from her mother. Keep an eye on the seeds so they don’t scorch. —Margaret Drye, Plainfield, NH
Recommended: Fall Farmers Market Recipes
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- Place seeds in a 1-qt. bowl; cover with water. Stir in salt; let stand, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Drain and rinse seeds; drain again and pat dry. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Toss with oil and kosher salt; spread in a single layer.
- Roast 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until crisp and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Fresh Pumpkin Seeds in Taste of Home September/October 2015, p81
Reviews for Roasted Fresh Pumpkin Seeds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2015