Roasted Fish with Light Herb Sauce Recipe
- 4 haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence or dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup marinade for chicken
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. Place the fillets in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 14-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir shallot and herbes de Provence in butter until shallot is tender. Stir in marinade for chicken; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add cream; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 222 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 726 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.