Roasted Fennel and Peppers Recipe
Fennel makes for a tasty change of pace in this versatile side that goes great with grilled meats. Best of all, it's full of flavor, easy to do and doesn't seem light at all! —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 2 fennel bulbs, halved and sliced
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced, optional
- 1. Place the fennel, peppers, onion and garlic in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt, pepper and rubbed sage. Toss to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Garnish with fresh sage if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 90 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Fennel and Peppers
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC