Roasted Fall Vegetables Recipe
- 1 large acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium pie pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.