I love serving this tender veggie side dish as part of a comforting dinner on a chilly night. The cayenne pepper lends zippy flavor that's not overpowering. —Juli Meyers, Hinesville, Georgia
- 1 large acorn squash, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium pie pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Fall Vegetables in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p47
Reviews for Roasted Fall Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review