Roasted Eggplant Spread Recipe
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Toasted bread slices or assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the red peppers, eggplant, onion and garlic. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 3. Place vegetables and tomato paste in a food processor; cover and process until chopped and blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; cool to room temperature. Serve with bread. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 83 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Eggplant Spread
"I wing recipes, don't measure much. Used more garlic than called for, and added about 2 tsp cumin powder when blending. Nice flavors, not difficult."
"I love this recipe ~ and the best part is it is super easy to make"
"This was good. I liked the combination of flavors."
"Good flavor, next time I might add a little chili powder, cumin and red pepper for a little more kick. But otherwise, a great all-veggie dip and a nice alternative to high-fat dips."