Black pepper and garlic perk up this out-of-the-ordinary spread that hits the spot on a crisp cracker or toasted bread slice. "It's excellent," assures Barbara McCalley of Allison Park, Pennsylvania.
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Toasted bread slices or assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the red peppers, eggplant, onion and garlic. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Place vegetables and tomato paste in a food processor; cover and process until chopped and blended. Transfer to a serving bowl; cool to room temperature. Serve with bread. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Eggplant Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p18
Reviews for Roasted Eggplant Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review