- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Toasted baguette slices or assorted crackers
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix first four ingredients. Place vegetables in a large bowl; toss with oil mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan coated with cooking spray. Roast vegetables until softened and lightly browned, 45-50 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer to a food processor; cool slightly. Add tomato paste; pulse just until blended (mixture should be chunky).
- Transfer to a bowl; cool completely. Serve with toasted baguette. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Roasted Eggplant Spread
"I wing recipes, don't measure much. Used more garlic than called for, and added about 2 tsp cumin powder when blending. Nice flavors, not difficult."
"I love this recipe ~ and the best part is it is super easy to make"
"This was good. I liked the combination of flavors."
"Good flavor, next time I might add a little chili powder, cumin and red pepper for a little more kick. But otherwise, a great all-veggie dip and a nice alternative to high-fat dips."