- 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss. Transfer to two
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 450° for
- 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in olives.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk. Add bay leaf and nutmeg. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan, Asiago and remaining basil, salt and
- pepper. Discard bay leaf.
- Spread a fourth of the sauce in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Top with 2-1/3 cups vegetables, 1/4 cup mozzarella and three
- noodles. Repeat layers. Top with a fourth of the sauce, remaining
- vegetables, mozzarella, sauce and Parmesan. Cover and bake at
- 375° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.