Roasted Duck with Apple-Raisin Dressing Recipe
- 2 domestic duck (4 to 5 pounds each)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 8 cups cubed crustless day-old white bread
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle the inside of ducklings with salt; prick skin well all over and set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage with onion and celery until sausage is no longer ink and vegetables are tender. Add apple and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Meanwhile, simmer raisins in water for 8 minutes; do not drain. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture, raisins, salt, sage, pepper and parsley; mix well. Add the bread cubes, eggs and broth; mix lightly. Divide and spoon into ducklings. Place with breast side up on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1-3/4 to 1-1/4 hours or until the thermometer reads 185°. Drain fat from pan as it accumulates. Remove all dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Duck with Apple-Raisin Dressing in Country Woman November/December 1994, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roasted Duck with Apple-Raisin Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review