Roasted Dill Potatoes
Snipped dill breathes new life into potatoes with this side dish from Haines, Alaska’s Kathrine Jimmie. Zero cholesterol and only a few fat grams make it a heart-smart dinner accompaniment for everyday meals.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated
- with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with garlic, dill,
- salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30-35 minutes or
- until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 196 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.