Roasted Cumin Cashews
Kick up parties and get-togethers with these well-seasoned snacks. They're sweet, salty, crunchy...and oh, so munchable. —Martha Fehl, Brookville, Indiana
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cans (9-3/4 ounces each) salted whole cashews
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk egg white and water. Add cashews and toss to
- coat. Transfer to a colander; drain for 2 minutes. In another bowl,
- combine the remaining ingredients; add cashews and toss to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 50-55 minutes, stirring once.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 145 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.