Roasting simply seasoned Cornish game hens and vegetables in one pan results in a full-flavored meal in one.—Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 6 medium carrots, cut in half lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 6 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Transfer to a large shallow roasting pan.
- Brush hens with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap a bacon strip around each hen; secure with a wooden toothpick. Tie legs together. Place, breast side up, over vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Remove hens to a serving platter; serve with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Cornish Hens with Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p61
Reviews for Roasted Cornish Hens with Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review