I have never gone back to my old corn bread recipe after finding this one. Adding corn to the batter gives it color and extra flavor. -Dorinda Bruce Bixby, Oklahoma
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, honey and salt.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the frozen corn.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Roasted Corn Muffins in Reminisce Extra August 2005, p52
Reviews for Roasted Corn Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2013
"This was a very nice corn muffin. It wasn't anything overly special, but definitely better flavor than what comes out of a box. I would make these again."