- 2 ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1-in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks. Place garlic cloves on a piece of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Fold foil around garlic and seal tightly.
- Place corn and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove corn; bake garlic 5-10 minutes longer or until softened. Remove garlic from foil and place in a small bowl; cool. Mash with a fork. When corn is cool enough to handle, remove corn from cobs with a sharp knife.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add the broth, bay leaf, salt, pepper and roasted garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-13 minutes or until heated through. Stir in roasted corn; cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Corn and Garlic Rice for Two in Cooking for 2 Newsletter 2009, p8/09
Reviews for Roasted Corn and Garlic Rice for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review