Sometimes I'll turn this into individual appetizers by putting a spoonful of salsa in a tortilla chip scoop, then topping with a small dollop of sour cream.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Jalapenos in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the corn and peppers. In another bowl, whisk the oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in the black beans and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p201