Roasted Corn and Avocado Dip Recipe
The tangy taste of this dip keeps people who taste it guessing what's in it! I've had many people request the recipe to find out. My husband and I enjoy traveling in our motor home and doing a little fishing along the way.
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large avocados, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- Combine corn and oil in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several times. Cool.
- Meanwhile, chop 1 avocado and set aside. Mash the other avocado in a bowl; add the lime juice, garlic, onion, jalapenos, salt and cumin. Fold in chopped avocado and the corn. Chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Corn and Avocado Dip in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Roasted Corn and Avocado Dip(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Avocado Dip >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >