Roasted Chicken with Veggies Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place chicken, breast side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes.
- 2. Arrange the carrots, celery, potatoes and onions around chicken. Combine butter and thyme; drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
- 3. Cover and bake 45-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1/4 pound: 329 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken with Veggies
"Very good, I added about an inch of water to the bottom so veggies would not dry out. This was very good supper, served w/ (TOH recipe), cornbread dressing."