Roasted Chicken with Rosemary Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 6 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the seasonings. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; tie drumsticks together with kitchen string. Spoon half of the butter mixture over chicken. Place the potatoes, carrots and onions around chicken. Drizzle remaining butter mixture over vegetables.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting every 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, basting occasionally.
- 3. Cover with foil and let stand 10-15 minutes before carving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving equals 449 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken with Rosemary
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.