- cold water; pat dry. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a large
- ovenproof skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain drippings, reserving 1
- In the drippings, saute garlic for 1 minute. Add broth, sherry or
- additional broth and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is
- reduced to 1 cup. Discard thyme. Stir in the butter, lemon juice and
- remaining pepper. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce equals 534 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 197 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 60 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.