- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
"This soup is really good!!! i didn't have any cooked chicken, so I browned some in the pan, then saluted the vegetables. Once I added the stock, I pulled up all the brown bits in the bottom of the pan. It was excellent! I do recommend cutting back on the amount of time you cook the potatoes. They were a little over done for my liking."
"I guess I'm in the minority here. Nobody in my family liked this. My husband added hot sauce and a bunch of other spices in order to find it edible. I seemed to have potential but there was no flavor. Also I think the potatoes and evaporated milk didn't work."
"This soup has a great flavor!!! It is definitely a keeper."
"This is the chicken noodle soup I've been searching for! What makes this is really the herbs used. I didn't add the potatoes, garlic, or milk-- I wanted it a little more basic-- but the flavor was outstanding without those. Even my normally soup-picky husband commented on how good it was. This is the perfect chicken noodle soup for when you're sick or to warm you up on a cold night!"