- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a stockpot, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
Sort By :
"This is potato soup meets chicken noodle soup. It's good, but the combination of potatoes and noodles in the same soup was a little weird to me. If I made it again, I would probably omit the potatoes, and increase the chicken."
"Words can't describe how much I loved this recipe!!!"
"very good! I added lentils because I had some extras on hand, and I boiled raw chicken at the beginning. other than that we followed the recipe and it was definitely a keeper. very good!"
"Very good and helped the family through some sick days!"
"I used cream instead of evaporated milk. Next time I'd reduce it to 1/2 cup. Soup is delicious"