Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
When the weather turns chilly, I stock my soup pot with this warmer-upper. The creamy, nicely seasoned broth is chock-full of tender chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery. There's old-fashioned goodness in every spoonful of this thick, hearty soup! —Julee Wallberg, Salt Lake City, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups uncooked yolk-free wide noodles
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1. In a stockpot, saute the onion, carrots and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, oregano, thyme and poultry seasoning until blended.
- 2. Gradually add the broth, potatoes and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 3. Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender. Reduce heat. Stir in milk; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 235 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC