A golden-brown chicken surrounded by bright vegetables creates an appealing meal-in-one.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place chicken, breast side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Rub with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Arrange the carrots, celery, potatoes and onions around chicken. Combine butter and thyme; drizzle over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and bake 45-60 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 180° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Chicken with Veggies in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p173
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2016
"Very tasty , easy, economical one dish meal!"