Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes
Pop this homey dinner in the oven for about an hour and enjoy! It's got plenty of flavor—the meat juices help cook the veggies just perfectly. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes, spinach and onion in a
- greased shallow roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt,
- thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining
- salt and pepper. Roast 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted
- in chicken reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken leg quarter with 1 cup vegetable mixture equals 449 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.