Pop this homey dinner in the oven for about an hour and enjoy! It's got plenty of flavor—the meat juices help cook the veggies just perfectly. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek Wisconsin
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes, spinach and onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt and pepper. Roast 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review